PROJECTS AND DEVELOPMENTS
We offer a service to help private individuals realize their dream family home. Invariably our clients have purchased an existing home and are looking to rebuild. We look to provide local vernacular designed quality homes that are welcome by local Planning Officers in the Chilterns and surrounding areas.
We would promote ourselves as Designers and Surveyors, with the aim of:
- Effecting architectural designs, through scheme drawings, using inhouse and advisory services as appropriate.
- Utilise our extensive Planning and Building Control knowledge and good rapoire that has been developed over many years with Council Officers.
- As Building Surveyors monitoring the use of appropriate materials for longevity in the new home, to minimise long term maintenance.
- Specifying appropriate to the site and your requirements, as well as market conditions.
- Tendering to suitable builders and Advising on Building Contracts.
- Contract Administration and quality control of workmanship on site.
Typical example of our service would broadly be as follows:
SURVEY & FEASIBILITY
We would undertake scheme designs and options for various plans and designs and sketch these out to scale and be ready to present to you. We would look into the local precedents for the area and consider Council Policies that would be applicable to the area and your new home. We would then meet you to discuss the project ideas and plan ahead the next steps.
Once planning gleaned to draw sections and working drawings that would be suitable for a Building Control submission and be suitably notated that Builders can give prices to. There will be the need of a structural engineer to design steel beams, lintols, roof members, and advise on roof and foundation matters.
Once the sketch scheme and feasibility stage has been completed we would fine tune the best option for you. We would then formally draw up the proposed floor plans and draw the elevations and roof plans of the home with the new extensions fully detailed. Complete all the forms and a design and access statement making the planning submission for you.
SPECIFICATION AND TENDER
We would set out a detailed Specification of Works and tender formally to suitable builders seeking their prices, and answering queries from tendering Contractors.
We would effect a full Contract Administration role from the tendering through to final snagging and handover, which would include weekly site visits, valuations / financial control, quality control, and helping the clients to choose their finishes and such things as Sanitary ware.